LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Western Star Trucks showcased its six 2008 model year trucks — all with EPA 2007 technology — at the Mid-America Trucking Show here. Two of the trucks feature custom airbrushed artwork with the signature True Fire designs of Mike Lavallee from Killer Paint as seen on the Discovery Channel.
In addition, Western Star showed its entire line of Stratosphere sleepers for the first time at the show.
Models shown at the show included:
• 4900 EX 82-inch Ultra High Stratosphere sleeper and Detroit Diesel Series 60 engine with custom True Fire airbrushing from Killer Paint.
• 4900 EX with 82-inch Stratosphere sleeper and Caterpillar C15 engine with custom True Fire airbrushing from Killer Paint.
• 4900 SA with 40-inch Stratosphere sleeper and MBE 4000 engine.
• 4900 SA heavy haul tractor with Caterpillar C15 engine.
• 4900 FA with 54-inch Stratosphere sleeper and Caterpillar C15 engine
• 4900 EX with 68-inch Stratosphere sleeper and Detroit Diesel Series 60 engine
Western Star also conducted a ride and drive with a 4900 EX equipped with an EPA '07 Detroit Diesel S60 Engine. In addition, a 4900 EX equipped with an EPA '07 550 hp Caterpillar C15 engine will be on display in the South Hall lobby throughout the show.
— The Trucker News Services