Boasting high refrigeration capacities, demonstrated fuel savings of 20 to 25% and reduced emissions for greater sustainability and regulatory compliance, Carrier Transicold’s new X4™ 7700 trailer refrigeration unit is now available through the North America dealer network.
“In full production at our world-class manufacturing facility in Athens, Georgia, the new premium performance X4 7700 single-temperature unit builds on the X4 platform’s decade-long reputation for high capacity and rugged, dependable service,” said Bill Maddox, Senior Manager of Product Management, Truck Trailer Americas, Carrier Transicold.
“Continuing the tradition of reliable design and simply smarter engineering, the X4 7700 unit offers a 96% reduction in particulate emissions and double-digit gains in fuel efficiency compared to standard X4 models.”
The new unit employs an advanced version of the smart engine used throughout Carrier Transicold’s existing trailer platforms. Benefits include:
- Enhanced compliance – Under current regulations, the X4 7700 provides lifetime compliance with the California Air Resources Board’s (CARB) stricter rules for trailer refrigeration systems.
- Significantly better fuel economy – The advanced engine features common-rail fuel injection for optimized fuel delivery and a new third speed, called “eco speed,” that automatically decreases engine RPMs during intervals where conditions permit. Combined, these performance enhancements demonstrated 20 to 25% average fuel savings, relative to standard X4 units, in units tested by over-the-road fleets under a variety of operating conditions last summer.
- Greater sustainability – The unit is the most environmentally sustainable choice in the X4 Series, as its efficient common-rail fuel system and a diesel oxidation catalyst push particulate, hydrocarbon and NOx emissions to new lows, while its R-452A refrigerant reduces global warming potential by nearly half compared to the traditional transport refrigeration unit refrigerant.
- Lighter weight – At 1,690 pounds, the X4 7700 weighs about 10% less than its competition.
- Highest capacity – As with its predecessor in the X4 Series, the X4 7700 achieves the high industry benchmark of 68,000 BTU/h at a setpoint of 35 degrees Fahrenheit under certification conditions of the Air-Conditioning, Heating & Refrigeration Institute.
“The X4 7700 provides more BTUs of cooling per engine RPM than competitive units, meaning competitive units must run harder than an X4 unit to achieve similar results,” Maddox said.
Carrier Transicold’s CARB-compliant TRUs help fleets significantly reduce their environmental impact, supporting Carrier’s 2030 Environmental, Social and Governance Goal of reducing its customers’ carbon footprint by one gigaton.
For more information about the new premium performance trailer refrigeration units, turn to the experts in Carrier Transicold’s North America dealer network.
Back to eFLASH 5/18/23 summary