On Monday, the Pilot Company announced the opening of a new truck stop as well as multiple location remodels as part of a larger $1 billion plan to overhaul hundreds of stores.
The newly built Pilot truck stop is located at 5231 Pearblossom Highway in Palmdale, California. Amenities at this new store include Cinnabon and Subway restaurants, 55 public truck parking spaces, 5 “Prime” parking spaces, seven diesel lanes, seven showers, and a CAT Scale.
Pilot also made the following upgrades to existing locations, according to an October 17 news release:
- Altoona, IA: Upgraded restrooms and bathrooms, an expanded deli menu, and new Cinnabon kiosk
- Boonville, MO: A new breakroom for team members, new kitchen to serve guests their favorite homecooked meal, and four self-checkouts
- Florence, SC: New kitchen for team members to prepare an expanded menu of fresh food and grab-and-go cold items, fully remodeled Wendy’s, and four self-checkouts
- Gordonsville, TN: Brand new restrooms and showers, newly remodeled Dunkin’ Donuts
- Hope Hull, AL: Newly added deli with grab-and-go options, an expanded beverage selection, and new Southern Tire Mart at Pilot Flying J service center
- Joplin, MO: Upgraded food and beverage selections, fully remodeled Wendy’s, and four new self-checkouts
- Pontoon Beach, IL: Fully remodeled restrooms, bathrooms, showers, kitchen, and Cinnabon kiosk
- Sullivan, MO: Upgraded deli with additional grab-and-go items, expanded beverage selection, and four new self-checkouts
The store remodels are part of a project dubbed “New Horizons” announced in March 2022. As part of New Horizons, Pilot Company will spend $1 billion to overhaul more than 400 Pilot and Flying J travel centers nationwide over the course of three years.
To celebrate the opening of the new store and the location upgrades, Pilot is offering myRewards Plus app users 25% off food and beverages at the Hope Hull, Alabama, Joplin, Missouri, and Sullivan, Missouri locations through October 23, by entering promo code PFJOctober.