The annual Make-A-Wish Mother’s Day Truck Convoy in Pennsylvania is set to return on May 9, 2021, after being delayed due to COVID in 2020, however, some aspects of the event may look different from years past.
This year will feature a 100-truck convoy, downsizing from the 500+ trucks that usually partake in the event.
This year’s parade will include the top 30 drivers who raise the most money for the Philadelphia, Delaware and Susquehanna Valley Make-A-Wish chapters, key sponsors, and drivers who commit to fundraising at least $500.
The drivers will leave Manheim Pennsylvania Auto Auction at 1:30 p.m. on Sunday, May 9. Make-A-Wish will broadcast the convoy live on their Facebook page for fans to watch at home. Facebook Live will include drivers departing the parking lot, a view from inside a special Convoy driver’s truck, and a location along the route. There will not be a convoy carnival, and the Manheim Pennsylvania Auto Auction will not be open to the public.
The 2021 Mother’s Day Truck Convoy will still offer the following ways for participants to engage in the event:
- Celebrate and cheer for the trucks as they go by on The Mother’s Day Truck
- Livestream: Partake in the event by joining the Mother’s Day Truck Convoy Facebook Event Page.
- Pick up Mother’s Day Chicken Dinner and Merchandise. Dinners can be preordered online and will be available for drive-through pick-up.
- Auction: Many items will be available for online bidding starting on May
1 and continuing through May 10.
- Make a Donation: Help Make-A-Wish reach their fundraising goal of $300,000
by making a donation.
“Our Convoy planning committee and volunteers are hard at work, identifying ways
to execute this year’s Convoy on Mother’s Day!” said Terry Finch, Co-Chair Convoy
Committee of Make-A-Wish. “We hope this can be the beginning of a safe return to
celebrations in our area, and we appreciate the continued support of our community and
our incredibly generous Convoy Drivers. While our wish children won’t be with us on
Mother’s Day, we will be connecting with them virtually, and we hope they will see the love and support we’re sending from this year’s Mother’s Day Convoy!”
More information and event registration can be found here.