The Truckload Carriers Association (TCA) and CarriersEdge have released their annual list of the best trucking companies to drive for.
The Top 20 winners of the TCA’s 2022 Best Fleets to Drive For were revealed on Tuesday.
The list recognizes for-hire trucking companies with 10 or more trucks from across North America that provide the best workplace environments for truck drivers.
To be considered for the Best Fleets to Drive For list, a carrier must be nominated by a company driver or owner-operator. From there, fleets are evaluated based on driver surveys and an evaluation of factors like total compensation, health benefits, performance management, professional development, and career path/advancement opportunities.
New this year, the TCA is also adding a “Hall of Fame” category to recognize fleets that have made multiple appearances in the Top 20 list or the Best Fleets list.
Check out the Top 20 List below.
- American Central Transport — Kansas City, Missouri
- Brenny Specialized, Inc. — Saint Joseph, Minnesota
- Challenger Motor Freight Inc. — Cambridge, Ontario
- Chief Carriers, Inc. — Grand Island, Nebraska
- Continental Express, Inc. — Sidney, Ohio
- Decker Truck Line, Inc. — Fort Dodge, Iowa
- Erb Transport — New Hamburg, Ontario
- Fortigo Freight Services Inc. — Etobicoke, Ontario
- Fremont Contract Carriers, Inc. — Fremont, Nebraska
- Garner Trucking, Inc. — Findlay, Ohio
- K&J Trucking, Inc. — Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- Landstar Transportation Logistics, Inc. — Jacksonville, Florida
- Leonard’s Express — Farmington, New York
- Liberty Linehaul Inc. — Ayr, Ontario
- Thomas E. Keller Trucking Inc. — Defiance, Ohio
- TLD Logistics Services, Inc. — Knoxville, Tennessee
- TransLand — Strafford, Missouri
- TransPro Freight Systems Limited — Milton, Ontario
- Veriha Trucking, Inc. — Marinette, Wisconsin
- Wellington Group of Companies — Aberfoyle, Ontario
Hall of Fame recipients are as follows:
- Bison Transport Inc — Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Boyle Transportation — Billerica, Massachusetts
- Central Oregon Truck Company, Inc. — Redmond, Oregon
- FTC Transportation, Inc. — Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Grand Island Express — Grand Island, Nebraska
- Halvor Lines, Inc. — Superior, Wisconsin
- Nussbaum Transportation Services, Inc. — Hudson, Illinois
- Prime Inc. — Springfield, Missouri
In addition to the Top 20, TCA and CarriersEdge identified five Fleets to Watch (honorable mentions):
- Epes Transport System, LLC — Greensboro, North Carolina
- GP Transco — Joliet, Illinois
- Magnum LTD — Fargo, North Dakota
- Stokes Trucking, LLC — Tremonton, Utah
- TP Trucking — Central Point, Oregon
The TCA noted that American Central Transport and Thomas E. Keller Trucking Inc. have made the “Best Fleets” list for five consecutive years.